If this is your first time looking for a rental property and you don’t know where to start, we can help you every step of the way!
Here are a few tips to help you find the perfect property:
Firstly, decide what features you are looking for in a property, e.g. the amount of bedrooms, bathrooms, car accommodation, etc.
Set yourself a price range that suits you financially. Most real estate agencies look for tenants who earn at least a combined income of 3x the property’s weekly rent.
Once you find a property that meets your requirements contact our agency arrange an inspection of the property. This is also a good time to pop in to our office/or download a Tenancy Application form.
It is a great idea to have your application form already completed when you go to an inspection. This can sometimes give you an advantage over other applicants as the agent may take your application to the owner first.
Have your bond (4 weeks rent) plus the first 2 weeks rent ready so that if you are approved you can pay this straight away to guarantee the property is yours.
Examples of documentation you can provide with your application (for each person over 18 years old applying to rent) that will help make the application process as seamless as possible include:
- Verification of employment and income
- Reference details for employer and current agent/Landlord
- 2 personal references – neighbour/teacher/business person (these should not be from relatives)
- Reference and copy of local Council registration for your pet (if property approved for pets)
- Photo identification – driver’s licence/passport/student ID
- Most recent gas/electricity/phone bill or rates notice
- Copy of bank statement (last 6 months)
- Registration number of vehicle
- Evidence of the last two property addresses where you were residing